Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When at first you don’t succeed…..

……you try, try, try again.  So, here I sit with the very latest of electronic fashion accessory draped around my  body, trying out every level of  stimulation it produces.  I’m to try  it all day and all night!  Next week I’ll go back and report my success…….or lack of it.  Just so I keep my sense of humor—which does get away from me from time to time.  Something good HAS to happen because there isn’t much to choose from after this.  I’ve had steroids injected into my spine, at least one ganglion scrambled, and have taken pain killers by the wheelbarrow full.  With the stimulator, I have endured two sessions of a small lead (like a wire) jammed up and down my spinal cord to find the exact spot where the pain is the worst.  The doctor found the magic spot a week ago, but I have yet to experience the magic of the stimulator.

Newel looks a little like he’s forgotten that Halloween is over with because he still has some of his Frankenstein make-up still on.  He had a cancerous lump removed right next to his right eye, and a benign (but large) lump removed from his lower back.  I get to play nurse and dress his “owies”.

Growing older is just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment