Sunday, November 22, 2009

Implant Update

Last Wednesday I had the first trial for the medicinal pump.  I got a shot of an anesthetic which deadened me from the waist down in just a few seconds.  He said he have me a whole day’s worth of what I would get in the pump, so it was pretty strong.  In fact, going to the car afterwards, even after resting in the office for about half an hour, I was virtually a paraplegic!  Really! My legs were like rubber and wouldn’t do what they were told. 

We went through a drive-thru for lunch because I didn’t want to try falling on my face in a restaurant.  Then we drove home.  I had the shot at 12:55 am and when we got home at 3:30 pm I was able to walk by myself from the car to the house.  I had no pain at all for about 2 hours from the waist down, but as the sensation began to “thaw” from the soles of my feet up, I began to feel everything.  By 4:00 pm I was pretty much “thawed out” and back in the pain business.  I reported to my doctor the next day.

My next step will be another trial with another drug—morpheme.  I have to obtain a prescription for it from a special pharmacy that makes up these meds, then I take it up to Dr. Li who will then inject it like he did the others.  Oh, what fun!  I asked him if the morpheme will deaden my legs like the last one did and he said it wouldn’t.  There has to be a magic bullet out there somewhere…….I’ll keep going until I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment